Aspire one D250-1990 - Need Help To Fix!!!!

T-McGibbon
T-McGibbon Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a Acer Aspire One D250-1990  with windows XP Professional operating system.  I get a black screen and an error message saying that the following file is missing or corrupt - <Window root>\system32\hal.dll. It says to re-install a copy of the above file.  I was told I am supose to re-install the operating system. I do not have a disc drive on my net book. I need to install the OS by usb flash drive. Does anyone know where I can get a bootable formatted flash drive with windows xp on it???  Do you how much it will cost to buy the flash drive??? Or how much it will cost to fix this problem.

Thanks!!!

Tracy ☻

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Follow the below steps check for the recovery media availability.

Click here

Enter Serial Number or SNID and check if the recovery media is available for your computer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

I would take a look at this article. I would try this before you look to buy recovery media or try other options. It will have instructions on how to reinstall from the restore partition even if you can't get into Windows.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2631

• alainm1
    alainm1 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a similar problem for the hal.dll.

I restarted my notebook, press Alt + F10.

Got to the place where should be able to Complete restore , Restore OS and Exit.

Can only click Exit but not the other two restore link. So whats wrong with my notebook.

So what do i need to do now. I had this notebook since i believe since 2009. bought it brand new. from NAVY Exhange in San Diego, CA.

Model Aspire One D150-1165

This discussion has been closed.