Aspire one 722 usb port problem

kaise
kaise Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello!

I have been using my Acer Aspire One 722 with Windows 7 for years and a few months ago, the usb ports stopped working correctly. When I try to transfer information out from the computer to an external hardrive or flashdrive, the files would be corrupted.

However, when I transfer information from let's say a flash drive into the computer using one of the usb ports, everything would be fine. Rather weird...Smiley Surprised 

Imagine my surprise when I downloaded my presentation materials from the computer to the flashdrive and not having them open during my presentation!!! Smiley Mad

Other than that, I absolutely love my Acer computer. I experimented with different flash drives and different computers and narrowed down the problem to be the USB ports. I can't remember what I did, if any, to cause this to problem to occur...

Does anyone know what I can do about this problem? Anything will be greatly appreciate it!!!

Thank you very much!!!

XK

Answers

• Date you transfer from a flash drive into your computer is ok, but when you export date to a flash drive, that will possibly go into another computer, is corrupted.For a start, go to Majorgeeks Support forum/MalwareRemoval.

• kaise

Hello Philetus!

Thank you for the suggestion. Majorgeeks is quite an informative site! I am doing just that and have downloaded a couple of anti virus and anti malware programs. Will let you know if this solves the problem after they have finished scanning. Smiley Very Happy

XK

• kaise

Hello Philetus,

It took me several days to run all the anti virus and anti malware complete scans of my laptop. I was able to get rid of several trojans and mal ware.

Unfortuntely, the problem continue to persist and all the files exported out of my computer through the USB ports are corrupted.

I find this so odd because emailing the files, wetransfering the files works fine.

Is there any other solution to this pestky problem?Smiley Sad

Thank you so much for your help already!

XK