Aspire V5 571 PG in a restart loop

Matthew1
Matthew1 Member Posts: 14 New User

Hello guys,

First of all, the first time my laptop crashed was while I was playing League of Legends.

It restarted and after the acer logo it was a blue screen (not the blue screen of death) which was saying that there was a problem and that windows will collect information and after this will be completed windows would restart my laptop for me.By the time it starts to collect information it restarts instant and here is the loop......I tryied and changed my ram for one slot to the other, and my laptop began working properly....I tried to play a game again (LoL) and in the second game again restart and in the loop...I changed again ram's position but nothing....

Although, I opened my laptop and went to BIOS to see something and then when I pressed exit windows loaded with no problem...

Now I wonder....will it go in the loop again If i try to play game ?? ( that means , i suppose , that something is wrong with my GPU. And if is something wrong with my GPU....Do i have to buy a new laptop ? )

Thanks in advance,

Mattew

Best Answer

• Matthew1
    Answer ✓

I just read the procedure to create recovery and in the bottom says: 

Note: If your PC came with Windows 8 and you upgraded it to Windows 8.1, your recovery drive will include Windows 8, and you’ll need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 after you refresh or reset your PC. 

If I create recovery....it will be in win 8 ? and not in 8.1 ?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Can be ram sticks, GPU, CPU overheat.

a lot of things.

you can check into the event logs about that crashes.

if you are under windows 8.x

press windows key logo + s

type event

choose event logo

expand Windows log tree

choose system

now look for "errors" marked with red exclamation mark, check date and time event and double click it for some description.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Matthew1

Well, first of all , sorry for not mentioning my OS, I'm in win 8.1.

I did what u told me, and as I can see from the last shut down, i see 4 warnings saying : 

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 67 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

So, is this due to CPU's over heat ?

• IronFly

if your V5 was with windows 8 from factory, i would update the BIOS:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.18_A_A.zip?acerid=635253775124926448&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V5-571PG&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

then check about reboot.

can be overheat or throttling down the CPU for shutdown.

check also for application errors on event log.

• Matthew1

The only error I can see is this :  The Service KMSELDI service terminated unexpectedly.

Which is from KMSpico that i used for installing office (cracked).

There aren't any system errors...

So could you please explain to me what will I gain if I update BIOS?
    I don't know much stuff about these :/

• IronFly

BIOS updates can fix some things as bad throttling or wrong hardware management.

it's strange that you can't find any error on the event logs.

let me know if you have another reboot with collecting infos from windows.

• Matthew1

Well...I will install the BIOS tomorrow cause today i have work to do....Do you want me to do something and send you screenshot or something ?

• IronFly

you can block your system to automatically reboot on errors/crashes, so you can see the BSOD and take a screenshot if you got any.

press windows key logo + x

select system

on the left side choose advanced system settings

click on startup and recovery/settings

untick automatically restart and click ok

• Matthew1

Well...I've just updated BIOS...Do you want me to do something to test anything ?

• IronFly

Just do your daily use and report if you get the same issue. Smiley Happy

• Matthew1

I don't really want to try and play a game........because I'm affraid that will crash again and it won't open....tomorrow I will go to a technician to clean all the dust of my fan so I will be sure that overheat won't happen....I will write to this post in sunday maybe in Monday when I try to push a little my little V5 Smiley Very Happy
    I will press the solved button as soon as I test it playing a game...is that ok ?

• IronFly

No problem, as you want. Smiley Happy

i only ask you one more thing, update the Intel chipset drivers:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/outils/func-startdown/847/

download this, 100% trusted website, unpack double clicking the .exe, then double click setupchipset.exe

• Matthew1
    Hello again.
    After watching some videos in YouTube my laptop crashed one more time....now I saw that the error is inaccessible boot device...
  • zer0_
    zer0_ Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Sounds like a faulty hard drive, try to run chkdsk /f /r from the comand prompt

• Matthew1
    And how will I run command prompt I cannot go in safe mode (win 8.1 rock!!!!)
  • IronFly

So now, you can't boot to windows?

have you done a recovery media?

• zer0_

Tinkerer

ok you need to enter the bios setting and see if your hdd is seen by the bios, press F2 when you see the acer logo. Then if you have a recovery media boot from it and run the chkdsk from the boot disk, but first check the bios.

• Matthew1

People good morning Smiley Very Happy

First of all, a few days ago , my friend and I wanted to try to do something about the problem so we tryied to boot windows from usb....We switched the first boot option to be usb...

(I use a wired mouse) So today, after the BSoD I decided to unplug power, unplug mouse , unplug ethernet , and my audio....

And guess what...my laptop booted almost instant....

Was my laptop trying to boot from mouse?????
    I don't have recovery... I don't even have a usb to do so Smiley Surprised
    Today my laptop is going to be cleaned :/
    20euros are pretty much too much for me...but it's ok Smiley Very HappyDD

• zer0_

Tinkerer

Thats strange, but maybe the bios was set for legacy boot and could not find a bootable media. I would try to reload bios default setting anyway.

• IronFly

if you want to do a OS re-install, you can do it by yourself. (you need to backup your data first)

at boot press ALT+F10, this will start Acer erecovery and re-install the OS.

http://youtu.be/pmVT0Z9r6_Q

• Matthew1
    Answer ✓

I just read the procedure to create recovery and in the bottom says: 

Note: If your PC came with Windows 8 and you upgraded it to Windows 8.1, your recovery drive will include Windows 8, and you’ll need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 after you refresh or reset your PC. 

If I create recovery....it will be in win 8 ? and not in 8.1 ?