Aspire R7 Into Darkness Download

hal3ko
hal3ko Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I have a R7 that I bought back in May. My receipt says I should have gotten a Star Trek Into Darkness download also...but the email directions never came! Did anyone else have this problem? Since the download is supposedly worth $50, I'd like to be sure to get the product or a refund on that part. Anyone have suggestions?

Best Answer

• hal3ko
    Answer ✓

No, the offer was from Acer. It was part of a promo before the R7 was released. I think it was part of a movie tie-in.

I've tried contacting Acer, but as usual...customer service is not the company's strong suit. I like the computer, sure...but if anything ever goes wrong, I know I'm on my own. This is the second Acer I've bought...and definitely the last one! I'd rather pay more $ for a Dell or Lenovo & know that I could call someone if I have a problem rather than endlessly be sent on wild goose chases as I am with Acer.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Hi hal3ko

Was the offer of a free download with Acer or a third party like:

A. The store you bought it from
    B. The graphics cards manufacturer (nvidia or AMD)
    C. Microsoft

Whom ever it is you will need to contact them, with a copy of your receipt, to get your game.
  • hal3ko
    Answer ✓

No, the offer was from Acer. It was part of a promo before the R7 was released. I think it was part of a movie tie-in.

I've tried contacting Acer, but as usual...customer service is not the company's strong suit. I like the computer, sure...but if anything ever goes wrong, I know I'm on my own. This is the second Acer I've bought...and definitely the last one! I'd rather pay more $ for a Dell or Lenovo & know that I could call someone if I have a problem rather than endlessly be sent on wild goose chases as I am with Acer.

This discussion has been closed.