Aspire E5-721-63XD VT-x issue and fan dislike

Joe_Public
Joe_Public Member Posts: 2 New User

Dear sirs,

I am the owner of a notebook Aspire E5-721-63XD with AMD a6-6310 quadcore processor, 4 GB RAM and Windows 8.1.

I've installed VirtualBox on my machine and I discovered that VT-x extensions are disabled on BIOS (1.06, latest release).

I ask to ACER programmers if it is possible to see the VT-x extensions enabled on BIOS in the future.

Furthermore I have a claim regarding the CPU's fan management. I appreciate the fact that CPU fan is very quiet and that it is off most of the time. But I don't like the way when it is powered on again, it just passes from 0 rpm to max speed and than go down to the requested speed.

Is it possible to have a soft re-enabling of cpu fan, to avoid this awful/drastic speed change (it is irritating, mainly when the environment is noiseless)?

Best Answer

• Joe_Public
    Answer ✓

Acer has just released a new BIOS (1.07) with VT-X/AMD-V features enabled, so now I can use VirtualBox without any problems (I am testing Windows 10 preview 9926 - 32 bit). Thanks Acer.

Answers

• Joe_Public
    Answer ✓

Acer has just released a new BIOS (1.07) with VT-X/AMD-V features enabled, so now I can use VirtualBox without any problems (I am testing Windows 10 preview 9926 - 32 bit). Thanks Acer.