Aspire E5-511 - all USB ports stopped working

calcheyup
calcheyup Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives

I purchased an Aspire E5-511 about a week ago. At first, I had no problems with the USB ports and what I plugged in would be recognized and work, but now none of them will recognize anything that is plugged into them. This is for multiple devices that work on other computers, so it is not the devices, and obviously it's not the hardware if all 3 simultaneously stopped working. Googling the problem has led nowhere. Additionally, the webcam used to come up automatically in the "Camera" app; this no longer works either and it says "To get started, connect a camera." I have restored the system back to factory defaults, had all files deleted and re-did the entire initial process all over again, to no avail.

No idea what to do, and pretty frustrated that a BRAND NEW unit is having problems like these mere days after purchase. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Since you have already restored the compeuter to factory settings, this seems to be an issue with  connectvity of internal hardware.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Shebytoga
    Shebytoga Member Posts: 1 New User
    calcheyup said:

I purchased an Aspire E5-511 about a week ago. At first, I had no problems with the USB ports and what I plugged in would be recognized and work, but now none of them will recognize anything that is plugged into them. This is for multiple devices that work on other computers, so it is not the devices, and obviously it's not the hardware if all 3 simultaneously stopped working. Googling the problem has led nowhere. Additionally, the webcam used to come up automatically in the "Camera" app; this no longer works either and it says "To get started, connect a camera." I have restored the system back to factory defaults, had all files deleted and re-did the entire initial process all over again, to no avail.

No idea what to do, and pretty frustrated that a BRAND NEW unit is having problems like these mere days after purchase. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Que paso sigues con el mismo problema o pudiste solucionarlo?