Aspire E1-570 won't wake from sleep with lid closed

stuckwith8
stuckwith8 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

have this new Aspire E1-570 running 8.1 pro.

I am trying to use it as a HTPC, meaning it is alway plugged in a/c, hdmi cable to the big TV (setup as main/only display), and external bluetooth Logitech MediaBoard k/bd-pad. If I leave the lid open, I can wake the laptop with a touch of external k/bd or pad.

I'd rather leave the lid closed for worries of dust and also because I have a few cats in the house that dig keyboards too much. If I do close the lid, I can continue using the computer, as long as I dont put it to sleep; If I do, I can't wake it back, the keyboard does transmit something to the laptop, I see all 4 led light up in front as if it would turn on, but then nothing happens. I have to get up, pull out the laptop from inside the tv furniture stand, open the lid and press the power button.

I have asked Acer tech support about this but they consider my question "advanced" therefore not covered by them.

I am considering buying a rc6 ir receiver, but I have doubt this gizmo will succeed where my keyboard fails.

I wonder if some laptops can be waken up from sleep with lid closed or if they're all the same and can't.

I would also like to know for sure the exact reason its not waking up with lid closed, is this a win8 "feature", a bios feature (btw, the latest bios for this thing (206) has very little features), or a physical thing with Acer laptops.

Obviously, I already tried a few things already before posting here, like set "do nothing" when lid closed, make sure all relevant hardware that had option to wake computer turned on.

Almost ready to throw in the towel and build a cat/dust proof "tent" to protect my wide open laptop...

Answers

This discussion has been closed.