Aspire 5315 webcam m/board connection

polioli
polioli Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Aspire 5315 with no webcam fitted , and I've managed to get one from a scrapped machine but the motherboard has no obvious socket. It has quite a few other optional sockets missing being a very basic spec machine , and they all have solder pads on the board without the actual socket fitted and I'm assuming the webcam socket is the same . I've found one likely suspect labeled JP35 with four solder pads next to it , but if anyone has a decription of where the camera lead plugs into or better still a photo , I'd be very grateful.

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi polioli,

I'm sorry to say that I can't help you directly on this one (haven't played around with this particular unit) but maybe I can point you in the right direction. It's against forum policy for me to post a link to a service guide, but because I'm interested in seeing if you manage to get it done (not at all impossible) so I can suggest pulling a service guide from google for a model with a camera and looking towards the back for a circuitry diagram.

I can also tell you that it's relatively easy to find a front bezel with a webcam feature built in online for another model of the same unit. Definitely worth a shot, let me know if you need a handf with anything (figurative, my arms aren't quite that long).

• polioli
    polioli Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi Scotty , thanks for taking the time to reply. I solved it - I suddenly thought that there might not be a seperate socket , that it might get bundled into the LCD cable , and sure enough when I looked at cables for sale on eBay there are some with an extra extension for a web cam.

This discussion has been closed.