Aspire 5250 BSD/Recovery problem - Help please

briand
briand Member Posts: 2 New User

My son has an Aspire 5250-0650 running Windows 7. He had that "Police" ransomware virus that takes control of your laptop and demands payment of some sort. I re-booted in safe mode and ran an updated current version of Malware Bytes and CC Cleaner. MBAM found and removed the virus but when I re-booted it gave me a BSOD. I tried the built in Acer recovery option and that did not work. I then ordered the recovery disks from Acer support and followed that process but it did not work either so I am at a loss. The BSOD comes right after the Starting Windows screen and I can't open in safe mode with or wothout networking or command prompt. The error codes are:

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFF10008090E40, 0x0....01, 0xFFFFF80000B9A370, 0x0....07)

ntoskrnl.exe - Address FFFFF80000B9A370 base at FFFFF80000B95000. Datestamp 5149a99c

I really don't want to take it in to a computer store as I know they will charge an arm and a leg. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers

• st3ph3nnity
    st3ph3nnity Member Posts: 220 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Here is a link to the error code that your machine is displaying...

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/tp/stop_error_list_0x1_0x5f.htm

As you have the recovery disc I would personally wipe the hard drive using DBan and start again using the windows 7 discs you have...you can get the program from the Hirens Boot disc which is free to download and use...a link is here...please read about the programs before downloading and using...

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/about/

Fortunately I have not experienced the blue screen but whenever I have had problems that have stopped windows installing I have wiped the drive and started again...it has,for myself,always worked...once you start the DBan program you cannot stop it and it often takes several hours to complete.

• briand
    briand Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I should have been more clear in my initial post. The process with the Acer recovery discs seemed to work in that it took a long time and I followed the instructions to insert the system disc, then recovery discs 1, 2 and 3 and finally the language disc. Once it was all done and I changed the boot priority back to the hard drive, the BSOD appeared at the Windows screen and it kept looping and would not boot up.

As an aside, after registering for this forum and posting my request for help, we received a call from someone in Ceylon saying they were calling to help fix the computer. I did not give my phone number on registration so they found it somewhere on the net. This is likely akin to the Microsoft India scam where they ask to take over your computer - pretty scary. I have Interpol on speed dial for other s thinking of doing this scam.

• st3ph3nnity
    st3ph3nnity Member Posts: 220 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

The callers "from window departments" have been at it for a long time...I used to receive at least a call a day "from windows department" but less often now...tell them you have a Mac.

• jamesrodey
    jamesrodey Member Posts: 1 New User

I would suggest you to try any third party application to recovery BSD Data. Go through Free version to recover data.

Here is the url which i got from Google.  http://www.undeletepcfiles.com/bsd-data-recovery-software.html

This discussion has been closed.