Topic

Regular Visitor
tcav

Adjusting touchpad sensitivity

How do I adjust the touchpad sensitvity on an Acer V5 571 6893 (Windows 8)?  I saw one post on the subject that suggested taping bubble wrap over the touchpad to overcome the erratic behavior of the overly sensitive touchpad.  Is this the state of the art technology I just purchased!?

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Re: Adjusting touchpad sensitivity

You can adjust the touchpad sensitivity using the following steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X

2. Select Control Panel

3. Click View by, then select Small icons

4. Select Mouse, then click the furthest tab on the right (should be labeled Elan or Device Settings)

5. You should have an option to adjust sensitivity in this menu.

I hope this information is helpful.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Frequent Visitor
bwhitmore

On my Acer Aspire V5-571P-6648 there is no adjustment whatsoever on the Elan touchpad controls for sensitivity.  And yes, every time my hand brushe lightly over the touchpad, it totally throws off what I am doing.  

Is there any way to really adjust this?

I've gone searching all over the internet over the last 2 or 3 hours and the best I can find so far is to download an app.  

Really????

Sorry, just frustrated already.

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

You can try loading a different driver from our driver download site to see if that gives you the option to change the sensitivity. The Synaptics driver for Win 7 does have the option to adjust sensitivity, but I can not guarantee it will be compatible with your hardware.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Frequent Visitor
Anonymoususer

My new Acer Aspire V5 came loaded with Windows 8, which does not appear to offer an option to adjust my keyboard's touchpad sensitivity within the Control Panel's Mouse Settings...as there is no "tab on the right" labeled Elan or Device Settings.

However, my touchpad is too sensitive in that often when I'm typing on my keyboard, despite my best efforts...my cursor ends up someplace other than where I'd like it to be.  Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Frequent Visitor
chilipepper

For mine, once I was in Mouse Properties, I had to select device settins, then click on settings under that tab.

This opened a screen with different settings for the mouse. I had to click on the arrow next to pointing to see sensitivity. Then I had to click on the gear to the right of it to adjust it.

Hope this helps!!!

Frequent Visitor
katebrown

How do I adjust the seensitivity of my touchpad in Windows 8 to prevent cursor from jumping to top of page when typing in document. Also have specific keys that are 'sticky'. Have to put more pressure on them (most specifically the r & p keys).

Frequent Visitor
josstark

I went to that screen earlier but because I was so frustrated, I missed the "Touch Sensitivity" slide.  The 'behavior' was driving me nuts.  Would open links by hovering over the Trackpad.  Thanks so much for taking the time to detail the cure!  I owe you one.

Jos.

Frequent Visitor
Ruric

I do have the setting on my Acer, but it does not seem to make a difference.  Is there anything else I can do?  This is driving me nuts.

Ruric

Frequent Visitor
Renniscantwell

[ Edited ]

I was not able to find anywhere to adjust the sensitivity, so I just disabled the darn touchpad altogether.

Modified the instructions above:

1. Select Control Panel

2. Click View by, then select Small icons

3. Select Mouse, then click the furthest tab on the right (should be labeled Elan or Device Settings)

4. Choose disable

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: