Acer v3-571G Display Upgrade Possible ?

tiniko
tiniko Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi and I know it might be a weird question, but here goes.

I have the last year's v3-571G model with GT640m and I saw that this year's variant has a Full HD Display and I was wondering if I can switch the display I have on my laptop with the new model as I really need the extra space for work.

So first of all, does anyone know if it's compatible or not and second, titled as an 'upgrade', would this be approved by Acer so that I can do it in an Acer-accredited service as to not void the warranty?

Any help would be much appreciated! Cat Embarassed

Edited: typos

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Tiniko, your machine has sacrificed outward appearance for better internal hardware, and you MIGHT be able to support a better monitor. But then you'll probably have to buy a better video card to support the monitor. And this will cause driver problems.

If you need more work space, I would try an external monitor first. At least you'll see how well your machine handles a bigger screen.

• tiniko
    tiniko Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for the fast reply. The graphics card is one that is (or was) by far the best in the price range (Nvidia GT 640M) and it has no problem with Full HD display, actually, if I remember the specs well, it can go higher.

The V3-571G that I have seen has the same GPU so that's what made me think about the change. I will ask the service company about this, but before that I wanted to asc Acer.

However, I was unable to contact them from the local website so I came here, having an expert oppinion helps a lot Cat Happy

As a side note, I am commuting and an extra monitor is not a viable option for me.

Edit: I checked the offers again, I won't put the links here because I don't think it's allowed, the specs on the two laptops are the same, same CPU, same GPU, everything else appart from the ammount of RAM and HDD seems to be the same

Also checked a review of the GPU here and it seems to work well enough in high resolution as well.

PS: sorry for the long post

This discussion has been closed.