Acer v3-111p-p16l WIDI supported but driver not installing

90Ninety
90Ninety Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

I have posted this issue allready within the intel community forums .

To start off with one of the main reasons I purchased this product, is the advertisement that its Intel cpu supported wireless display

The product is an Acer V3 111P P16L, it has the Intel N3530 CPU  , specification can be found here : " see screenshot for proof)

http://ark.intel.com/products/81074/Intel-Pentium-Processor-N3530-2M-Cache-up-to-2_58-GHz

According to the spec in the link , this CPU supports the Wireless Display (AKA WiDi )correct me if I am wrong?

Also  I specifically upgraded to  a  compatible Dual band NIC , the network card installed in the product supports Widi ( Intel Dual Band 7260 NIC)See screen shot below

cockup.jpg

however when initializing the Widi Update tool , the tool appears to start working then fails  I am  sadly confronted with the following message:

Article #700100000002591

This computer does not meet the Intel® WiDi system requirements.

We are sorry, but this computer doesn't meet the system requirements for Intel® WiDi. Check System requireme

nts for Intel® WiDi for details on the system requirements.

This is driving me bananas ! I have since tried updating new and installing old wifi drivers , tried updating intel drivers and then tried cer OEM driver  versions , I have tried switching the wifi band from 2.4 to 5 Ghz and vice versa  . I have tried just about every combination of wifi and display drivers - just to install the WIDI driver but it just refuses to install . I have wasted around 3-4 hours on this now . I Had spent a silly amount of hard earned money on a product which does not work as it should and is not straightforward to set up and operate as it could be

stupid midi.PNG

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

It looks like 8.1 is different than older versions. If I'm reading this right, you don't have to install anything.

"Setting it up just became easier then ever. This is , as far as I know, only on Windows 8.1 ! On older Windows versions, you need a special WiDi application to start streaming!"

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1936674/set-widi-windows.html

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/widi-software-setup-win-8-1-video.html

• 90Ninety

Well you may be correct. Though it seems a common problem for other Windows users . What you are saying leads me on to thinking that the 8.1 Windows  operating system has a bug .

It seems lots of people have this issue or similar issue . I am suspecting it boils down to windows not supporting all hardware devices , even though  on paper the hardware is compatible with the Mira-cast/casting/widi protocol 

Can anyone confirm these suspicions or otherwise shed some light on this issue ?

Much appreciated 

Thanks 

• chuckdougherty
    chuckdougherty Member Posts: 2 New User

I am having similar issues.  I bought the Acer R14 for the sole reason that it had the Core i5.  My first error message was an incompatable wireless adaptor card.  I swapped it out for an Intel Centrino that was taken from a Toshiba laptop that was configured to work with WIDI.

The error message I get when tryint to insatll widi is that My operating systems is not compatable.  I am runining windows 8.1.

This should not be this hard.  I specifically overpaid for an Intel chip so I could use my exisitng Widi adaptor.

• 90Ninety

Chuck 

According to an Intel Forum Devotee , There is no need to install the WiDi tool . I presume this is why it is failing to install 

See my thread that I opened with Intel here WiDi not working Ask Intel

As we are in the same boat , I suggest we keep plugging away in the forums until this is addressed .Feel free to chime into the thread created at the ntel Communitires (Widi sub forum) within the link above 

It would help if you could bring some ammunition ( proof of bug /issue ) . This will serve as a means of justification of a solution 

Thanks 

• 90Ninety

Any Updates ?Ok I now see a WIDI option when right clicking on desktop , however nothing happens when selecting intel wireless display as there is no widi displays found

What concerns me is that the Acer laptop is not detecting any WIDI devices despite  the WIDI compatible hardware within the Machine . There is no WIDI devices found within the 'add display ' menu , despite this there is widi switch and option - which does not find anything.

Conversely my android phone connects via miracast  to LG TV and Chromecast with with relative ease

For the record I have tried this with LG WebOS 4K TV with Miracast and Chrome cast dongle

• 90Ninety

The Question  is really is WIDI supported  for this machine ?

V3-111P-P16L

N3530

Intel 7260 Dual Band ( Upgraded NIC)