Acer ePower Management compatability message

pickles
pickles Member Posts: 1 New User

I just started getting this message...what is ePower management and what do I need to do to fix this?

This Program has Known Compatibility Issues

Check online to see if solutions are available from Microsoft website. If solutions are found Windows will automatically display a website that lists steps you can take.

Program Acer Updater

Publisher Acer Incorporated

Location c:\Program Files\Acer\Acer ePower Management\ePower Tray.exe

Acer updater has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is compatible with this version of Windows, contact Acer Incorporated.

Check for solution online                Run Program                     Cancel

Hide Details

Don’t show me this message again

Acer One 722 Windows 7

Answers

• ijelyn
    ijelyn Member Posts: 1 New User

hello.

I just started to open my comp and the message came out on my comp.What is this mean?And what should i do for this?thnak you

• Annn
    Annn Member Posts: 4 New User

I started getting the same message on 3/13/2013.  I have Windows 7.  MY QUESTION: Some dude told me to reinstall my operating system.  This seems like a massive response to a small problem.  PLEASE HELP us and suggest a fix that is easier than going back to factory default and reinstalling all of my programs and data. 

• BlackMoor
    BlackMoor Member Posts: 1 New User

I've the same problem:

After the last Microsoft update, the following message appears on a dialog box, just after the operating system loading is terminated.

This Program has Known Compatibility Issues

Check online to see if solutions are available from Microsoft website. If solutions are found Windows will automatically display a website that lists steps you can take.

Program Acer Updater

Publisher Acer Incorporated

Location c:\Program Files\Acer\Acer ePower Management\ePower Tray.exe

Acer updater has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is compatible with this version of Windows, contact Acer Incorporated.

My computer is a Aspire 770G with Microsoft Windows 7 home premium.

• mhjul
    mhjul Member Posts: 1 New User

I've got the same problem (since the 14th March). Has anyone fixed it yet?

• Elena2758
    Elena2758 Member Posts: 5 New User

Same problem with aspire 5733.  Tried downloading the hotfix twice now but it hasnt made any difference.

There is another long series of posts about this issue on here but I cant find my way back to it as there doesnt seem to be a way to trace my old posts....

• darthasp
    darthasp Member Posts: 1 New User

I just deinstalled the Acer ePower Manager and now the issue is resolved

Phil

• Elena2758

Is it ok to do that?  What difference will it make to my laptop, if any?

I have an Aspire 5733, which is not listed on the list of machines that can have the new program downloaded so I tried hotfix twice with  no success.

• vacer
    vacer Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I have the same issue on my acer laptop ASPIRE 5250-0468 Windows 7. 

How can I de-install the ePowerTray.exe from the 'Acer ePower Management'?  Or

Is it safe if I manually delete ePowerTray.exe from Location: C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer ePower Management\  ?

Thanks,

• reggieut
    reggieut Member Posts: 2 New User

How do you uninstall the ePower management?

• reggieut
    reggieut Member Posts: 2 New User

How did you uninstall it?

• Elena2758

Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall  a program

havent done it though . Still waiting for somebody to tell me if it is ok to do that.  What might happen as a result.  Will it make battery life shorter? etc

• joseng
    joseng Member Posts: 1 New User

In order to delete the app, go to Programs, then, Acer, then Restore, there choose drivers and software, then, you will see a list of apps, at the right side says install, click that, if is installed it will uninstall.

This discussion has been closed.