Acer aspire 8735g black screen

Tjw
Tjw Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi I have an aspire 8735g which will charge, also will turn on but i have a black screen, also have not picture on external monitor , i suspect its the graphics card , is there any way i can test it

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Tjw!

When you say turn on, do you see the Acer logo, then it goes black or is the screen completely dead?

Is there any hard drive activity, IE does the HD light blink?

Can you hear Windows start up or is there no sound?

If it is any of the above, it MAY be a graphics problem, or it could be a dead motherboard. Post back with some more information....

• Tjw

The laptop was working fine , I turned it off and it wouldnt come back on, so knowing the graphics cards can be a problem i opened it up and seen the mother board was burnt where the graphics card plugs in, so i replaced the motherboard, but when i turned the laptop on I get a blank screen straight away, the fan is spining and i can hear the hard drive, the power light and the multimedia lights come on but nothing on the screen or on external monitor, is there a way to test the graphics card before i buy a new 1

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    I'm not aware of testing laptop graphics cards before you buy them. Perhaps your local PC store can?
  • Tjw

Thanks for your replies, i just had a better look at the graphics card, the gold strip has some signes of damage, its a nvidia GT 240M 1gb

This discussion has been closed.