Acer V5 471 PG Wifi intermittent failure Qualcomm Atheros AR5Wb222)

Musk
Musk Member Posts: 2 New User

Recently 17/Feb/2013 purchased an acer aspire V5 471PG.

The Wi Fi keeps going into the Limited mode very frequently!! Frustrating..

I have set the options in Power MAnagement (Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power) to OFF - Unchecked. Inspite of this keep having this recurrent problem. Also have verified if the drivers are latest, no use.

Anyone has a solution for this? Please help.

More importantly i think this is for ACER to address, this seems to be a prolific problem with all your recent models? Whats happened to the Quality Standard? Please review wether Qualcomm Adapters are to be used going forward.

With no solution for Millions of buyers, will Accer be announcing a Recall? We need answers...

(Just now while hitting the submit button it conked!!!) Had to come back and Re submit!!Smiley Sad

Answers

• Musk
    Musk Member Posts: 2 New User

Found this resource:-

http://www.atheros.cz/getfile.php

Have updated the driver to V 221. LEt me check for the rest of the day and update if there are issues.

Hope it works! Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Pls ignore the above Driver, seems to be from an untrusted source. best is to visit the Acer downloads site and use the Ver 17 Driver, so far after two hours of installation it hasnt given me trouble. Will update again.

• JYNg
    JYNg Member Posts: 11 New User

UPDATE: I've updated my driver from the original 10.0.0.209 to the 10.0.0.217 provided on the Acer website. This solves the dropping wifi issue, but introduced yet another problem: occasionally the wifi driver will refuse to work. the laptop will failto detect wifi, only stating it's status as 'network is available'. But when you click on the wifi icon, nothing will happen. Restarting the laptop promptly solves the issue.

I'm not complaining much seeing how this is a vast improvement compared to my previous situation (wifi dropping every 30 minutes or so). But preferably, I would have prefered if it works perfectly without me having to restart my laptop every now and then.

• boe_chard
    boe_chard Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just purchased my Aspire v5-471G a week ago and got messed up with the wifi connection. It keeps showing "Limited" and cannot connect to the internet. The driver is updated, 10.0.0.217. The wifi was good for 3 day use then it got teoubled after. Any help feom acer please. So embarassig for a new purchase..
  • GratsAcer
    GratsAcer Member Posts: 1 New User

problem cannot be solved right now with a software update,  chek my answer here. There is a solution, but need a little "manual" work.

This discussion has been closed.