Topic

Visitor
nharris

my laptop is now saying there is acer incompatibility with windows 7 - what do I do?

I've had my laptop for 2 years and often the internet explorer just stops working. This morning a message came up once i turned it on that said there is Acer compatibility issues and there was no known diagnostic fix - help!

Visitor
nharris

Re: Acer Update compatability issue

Me too - would be nice if Acer would post an answer

Visitor
hool21

How can I re-install Acer Empowering Technology on my Acer Aspire 9410 in Windows 8 ?

After upgrading (from W Vista to W 7) my Acer Aspire 9410 I lost Acer Empowering Technology.

Now I have installes W 8. How can I reinstall AET ?

francis20041

Same issue with my Acer Aspire 5253 just this morning. When i click on "find online solution" it says that there is no solution and that windows will notify me when there is one. When i went to the Acer support it says to click on the "download Updater Hotfix" But that screen never comes up. Very frustrated.  Acer needs to get their **bleep** together and address this issue.

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Acer is aware of the issue that has been reported and has been working with Microsoft on a resolution. The link to the update should be working now, however, you may need to restart your system for the update to install correctly. If you are still having problems, Acer has posted these updates on our site for downloading. You can find a link to download the updates at our support article http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29568. If you are still having problems, please continue to post and we will assist in any way we can.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Visitor
wingnut

I have an Acer Aspire 5733Z

Every time i re-boot a window pops up saying Acer needs to upgrade, but there is compatability issues with the windows i am running and to contact Acer for the safe upgrade. Can you help me? Thank you, Chris......

Visitor
wingnut

Amen to that. I just posted the same. Tried calling 3 times, but i could'nt understand any of them. Terrible english. Need to put that automated lady on there. MAN!!! My Norton360 alrted me to the problem now. So Acer better get cracking.

Visitor
skilljax

Acer updater incompatable with windows 7

Received message from Windows that Program: 

AcerUpdate Pub.-AcerIncLoc.C:\ProgramFiles\Acer\AcerePowerManagement\ePowerTray.eve

was incompatible

They did not have a fix for it but Acer did.  Please advise.

francis20041

Thank you Acer.  Problem solved.

Visitor
Patrice82

I have an Acer Aspire 5733z and the system had a problem updating saying the sytem is not supported

I have an Acer Aspire 5733z series and I had an update that couldn't update because it's not compatible with windows 7. What do I need to do?

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: