Acer E3-111-COWA (Unexplained BSOD at Random)

BearPaw
BearPaw Member Posts: 69 Troubleshooter

Hi everyone! I just purchased a new Acer Aspire E-11 series laptop and I've been getting these random unexplained BSOD screens where it says an unexpected error has occured and the computer needed to restart. I said OK, so I let it do its thing. It works fine for awhile and then the BSOD happens again.

I tried doing PC Refresh and it worked fine for a day or two and then in the middle of working on it, an unexplained error happens again and it has to reboot.

Frustrated, I updated the BIOS to 1.10 and for some reason right now it seems stable.

Why is my laptop BSODing in the first place? It's a brand new laptop and the reviews on the site where I bought it seemed positive I would hate to have to return this awesome deal I got

Best Answer

• BearPaw
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure. All I see on the unexpected error was IRQL EQUAL OR NOT LESS error.

So I'm wondering which driver is the culprit.

I ran a software called Sisoft Sandra to see what drivers were in the computer and it says the Intel HD Graphics driver was unsigned. Checking the Acer site my driver is the latest, but the  diagnostic program says a better driver is available. I'm kind of leary installing drivers not approved by Acer but often times its solved  my problem

Answers

• Eripsa
    Eripsa Member Posts: 19 New User

What information does the BSOD give and at what time does it occur? (before/after loading to desktop - when starting a specific program - at complete random - after how long time)

• BearPaw
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure. All I see on the unexpected error was IRQL EQUAL OR NOT LESS error.

So I'm wondering which driver is the culprit.

I ran a software called Sisoft Sandra to see what drivers were in the computer and it says the Intel HD Graphics driver was unsigned. Checking the Acer site my driver is the latest, but the  diagnostic program says a better driver is available. I'm kind of leary installing drivers not approved by Acer but often times its solved  my problem

• BearPaw

I wanted to let everyone know updating to the A10 Bios on the driver page for this product has stablized this unit and I am not getting the BSOD error anymore.

Bonus Info : Best Buy's price went down from $199 to $179 and they matched the difference! Killer deal on the laptop!

This discussion has been closed.