Acer E15 Touch mousepad does not work at home

lastorey66
lastorey66 Member Posts: 1 New User

I just bought an Acer E 15 Touch laptop.  My mouse pad does not work at home, but does work when I took it back to the store because it didn't work.  Would it have anything to do with my internet connection.  This is the weirdest thing. I know about the Fn  F7 key but that does not matter when I am at home. No curser.  When I took it back to Best Buy there it was an the mouse pad worked.  Any clues?

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, you can consider asking Best Buy for some guidelines on how they managed to get your touchpad to work .

Additionally, you can follow the steps below to reinstall touchpad driver and see if that helps:
    1. Click 'Start' and go to 'Run'.
    2. Type in the Run window- mmc devmgmt.msc
    3. Hit Enter key.
    4. In the 'Device Manager' window that comes up, navigate to 'Mouse and other pointing devices' and click the '+' sign besides it to expand the tree.
    5. Right-click the device listed below Mouse and other pointing devices and select 'Uninstall'.
    6. Click 'OK' to confirm removal of the device.
    7. Restart the system. Windows will detect and automatically install the touchpad driver.

If the issue still persists, you are requested to contact nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be helpful:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/contacts

Hope this will help you.