Acer E1-571 32324G does not see the 8GB memory ram

zakariasz
zakariasz Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello there,recently I am a happy owner of a model Acer aspire E1-571 32324G with i3 -2328M (2.2GHz,3MB L3 cache) proccessor,Intel HD Graphics 3000,windows 8 64 bit,4GB memory ram and here is my problem,I have read full specs and it says standard 4GB and maximum 8GB,I bought one more memory to upgrade my laptop and one I fitted it in my laptop still see 4GB only,I was thinking that one of it is broken soe I have put them separately and it does works,just my laptop cannot see 8GB of ram,does someone have similar problem ? does anyone know any solution ? thank you.

Answers

• jozefrockz
    jozefrockz Member Posts: 20 New User

did you make sure you've purchased a working RAM stick and its compatible on your laptop mobo?

• zakariasz

Yes,they are exacly the same the only one diferenc betweenthem is manufacturer,the one which was allredy in is from hynix the one I bought extra is from kingston,both of them working fine separatelly but my laptop cannot see both of them together..

• zakariasz

Anyone any idea ?

• TimoRiikonen
    TimoRiikonen Member Posts: 2 New User

You could try to put them in other order.

Long time ago I had a computer and they said that second memory chip needs to be faster or same speed as the first one.

So anyway if one of them is faster than the other, system may check the speed from the faster one and the slower one does not work.

Also put verbose (?) setting on in your BIOS on (default is quiet) to see better what it detects during the booting phase.

• zakariasz
    Thanx for your answer,I will check your ideas tonight after work and will post the result.
  • zakariasz
    I solved my problem,my laptop now see 8GB,I have find out tha the one 4GB memory stick which was bought with the laptop does not working with 2nd slot but does working with slot no. 1 and that was the problem,just changed slots all back to normal.
This discussion has been closed.