Acer E1-510-2500, Automatic Repair Bootloop, No UEFI USB detect

cd5tuner
cd5tuner Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi guys! I posted this problem on 8forums but werent able to resolve it. 

My Acer brings up the Acer Splashscreen hangs there for 1min, then black screen 1min then i get the blue Win8.1 error screen and it reboots. Then it tries automatic repair and it hangs at black screen forever. Since I dont have recovery Drives or anything I used WINDOWS MEDIA CREATION TOOL to download Win8.1 64 ISO and also to create a bootable USB. The problem is when i load the bios and try to boot but it only appears as USB HDD: PNY 2.0 USB and not UEFI: PNY 2.0 USB so that i can clean instal win 8.1. I also tried Rufus Application FAT32 GPT Uefi etc. Im stumped. Any help please? Disabled Secure boot also. The bios is InsydeH2O. Thanks.

Answers

Hi,
      1. Hold the Power Button for  6 seconds or until the computer completely shuts off.
      2. Press the Power Button to turn the computer on.
      3. Once the Unit Powers On, Immediately start tapping ALT & F10 Both the keys when you see the Acer Logo.
      4. you should see Choose an Option, and then select Troubleshoot.
      5. Select Refresh your PC if you do not wish to erase data, or Reset your PC to erase all data and restore the system.
      6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete recovery.

You should be able to restore the computer until the Hidden Partition is not corrupt. Cheers.

• cd5tuner
    cd5tuner Member Posts: 2 New User
    I tried alt f10 but it stayed at the acer logo and then it goes to a black screen that just suddenly flashes every couple of seconds
  • Hi,

If you have tried Alt+F10 & still does not boot to recovery, its better suggested to contact Acer if under warranty for a service. if Out of warranty please contact a local tech to check if there is any Hardware failures.
  • tomatosupu
    tomatosupu Member Posts: 4 New User

Yeah I had the same problem with infinite loop. I too tried alt+f10 but it failed to boot. Darn!