Acer Aspire keeps getting disconnected from internet.

Jahosacat
Jahosacat Member Posts: 4 New User

This computer keeps disconnecting from internet. I don't have this problem with other devices connected to internet; ISP has checked router and found no problems. Other than this issue I like this comuter. Please help! 

Answers

• Get the latest WiFi driver from acer site and install, disable WiFi in Network and sharing centre(click Adapter setting) right click WiFi and disable it, re-boot the laptop.

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

• Jahosacat

Thanks for the speedy reply! I found and downloaded the driver. I'm confident that will solve my issues!

• andyouf
    andyouf Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

How is that working out? Worked for about 40 minutes before dropped connections started again.

• Jahosacat

I still keep getting disconeccted from the internet. Currently my laptop is only a few feet from the router, too Smiley Sad

• rogertriton
    rogertriton Member Posts: 15 New User

Jahosacat, have you tried buying a new wifi usb external adapter and testing it out? See if that also drops. If it does, it is more likely a motherboard issue.

You can always return the wifi sub external adapter, most stores allow that too.

• andyouf

I did the USB external wifi adapter as a stopgap, works fine, it is definitely a hardware issue. I'm returning it and am trying to find out who the manufacturer is of their next round of Nitro's available for pre-order because I like the thing so much.

http://amzn.com/B00RGMF4YM 

• Jahosacat

I haven't tried the adapter. The computer is literally 4 feet from the router. I'm afraid I'm giving up on the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

• andyouf

Quit banging your head against the wall and return/exchange the thing. I spent countless hours not studying and doing exactly what you've done. Everything. It teased me and worked great for about 60 minutes until the disconnects started again after trying the fix you just did. I've been obsessing over the thing, this is not a cheap purchase and seeing that the depreciation of computers is ridculous I want my laptop to work how it should from the start.

It is such a great laptop otherwise that I am willing to risk the same headache again on the updated model.