Acer Aspire V5-573G-54218G1Taii

kraisz
kraisz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello, Yesterday i got the newest version with gtx 850m. I want to ask about the quality of cover plate with screen... When i unpacked mine the display seemed a bit deformed since there was a small gap between a left corner of cover and the base of notebook. After i opened the display i was shocked by the weak construction the whole cover deforming very easily... When i was removing the protective film from the frame around the screen at down the frame deformed too and pulled out from the screen, it is also mentioned in this review:

Review Acer Aspire V5-573G-54208G50aii Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews
"Another critical point is the display or the display frame, respectively. Ex-works it is covered with a protective film. While we removed that film, a part of the display frame separated from the display and we could pull it forwards by around 1 centimeter (~0.4 inches). We cannot say if other devices have the same problem. "

Also the backlight of the screen is seen on a black/dark background... low light is seen coming under frame at a right down corner and whole lower part of the screen...

Are these issues general with this model or they are specific just to some pieces?
Thank you

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

When referring to the screen's 'frame', 'cover plate' and 'whole cover', are you respectively referring to the screen's lid back, its surrounding bezel and the whole lid assembly?

Because my experience has been that the plastic bezel surrounding the screen is a rather flimsy facade piece on just about any laptop to give it more of a finished look, not structural support. When pulling the protective film off a new unit, I usually pinch the bezel against the lid's back to safeguard against cracking the bezel.  

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ