Acer Aspire V5-571P-6407 keyboard not working help!!!

GreenDiamond
GreenDiamond Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V5-571P-6407 laptop which i bought 5 months ago. I don't know what happened but my keyboard and clickpad aren't working completely. It lights up but I am unable to type anything or use the clickpad. I didn't do anything to my laptop before it stopped working. Please let me know what I can do to fix this.

Answers

• GreenDiamond

Can anyone out there help?

• GreenDiamond

can anyone help?

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I tried researching your laptop model, but the only review site I can find for it is down right now. According to e-bay, your laptop is about a year old. I'm assuming that the screen turns on and that your mouse and touchscreen still work.

In the unlikely event that your laptop keyboard has indicator lights over Numlock and Capslock, see if they turn on. If so, your keyboard is receiving power. If so, the most likely cause is that a part wore out or is clogged with debris. Try some compressed air, but that probably won't help. A technician is probably going to have to remove your keyboard and check the connectors.

• bertb
    bertb Member Posts: 1 New User

i cannot access the question mark for example and i get ééé or ÉÉÉÉ and no question mark. èè is what i get when i click on the quotation mark. its all confusing

This discussion has been closed.