Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-12 touchscreen too sensitive

j00p
j00p Member Posts: 3 New User

Can anyone please  advise me if there's a way to adjust the touchscreen sensitivity on Switch 10?

Every letter that I tap on the onscreen keyboard ends up being replicated. The system registers Swiping up and down of the screen as highlighting the entire page instead of Scrolling the page. 

Usually a restart would momentarily solve this issue before it goes wonky shortly after 

I have also updated the bios to 1.5. 

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Appreciate all your advice 

Answers

• 1.     Adjust the pen and touch settings in the Control Panel:

·         Swipe in from the right edge and tap Search.  Type Control Panel and tap on the search result.

·         Tap Hardware and Sound.

·         Tap Pen and Touch.

Depending on your device, you may see a variety of tabs, such as Pen OptionsFlicks, or Touch.  You can adjust the sensitivity of your touch device by adjusting sliders located in these tabs.  For example, to adjust the sensitivity of a double-tap on your touch device, on the Touch tab, tap Double-tap, and then tapSettings.  Drag the sliders to change the sensitivity.  You can test your new settings by double-tapping the graphic at the bottom of window.

2.     Calibrate the touch display:

·         From the Start screen, type Calibrate.

·         Tap Settings, and then Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.

·         Tap the Calibrate button, and follow the tool’s instructions.

3.     Cleaning the screen can improve touch sensitivity.  Most PC manufacturers recommend turning off the PC and using a microfiber cloth, available at most electronic stores.

Any barriers between your fingers and the display, including gloves, a protective case, sheet or film, or even water or lotion on your hands, can also impair touch sensitivity.  If any of these conditions apply to you, try testing the device without such conditions. 

You can also install a screen protector which will make the screen less sensitive  

• j00p
    j00p Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi Philetus,
    Thanks for the advice. I did as you advised but it did not fix the issue. I believe it's a hardware issue as the problem only occurs after the system wakes up from sleep or lock mode. It also starts acting up after 30mins or so working on the system.
    I've brought my Switch 10 to the service centre and is currently under repair. Hope this will fix the problem.
This discussion has been closed.