Acer Aspire R7-571 and Pen support?

Voxumo
Voxumo Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello, I recently bought a Acer Aspire R7-571 and I am wondering if it supports any form of pen or stylus for the touch screen? I am asking this because if it does I plan on purchasing one but if it doesn't... well I don't want to waste money and would rather not buy one only to discover it does not work.

Also what lead me to believe it may in fact support a pen/stylus is do to the settings in the control panel under hardware and sound, where it says Pen and Touch. So yeah may be a stupid question but I figure it does not hurt to ask.

Thank you for your time

Best Answer

• PenguinJim
    PenguinJim Member Posts: 72 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

You can use the same pens and stylii with your Acer R7-571 as you can with most Android devices or iPhones/iPads: standard capacitive pens. I use one with my R7-571. Generally speaking, the way to identify them will be the price: they should all be under $20! (In fact, mine cost $2!)

The R7-572 has an active digitiser as part of the screen, and so one would need an active pen/stylus for it. They generally start from $30.

More information here. But not a lot more! Smiley Wink

Answers

• Colchicine
    Colchicine Member Posts: 37 New User

It is my understanding that the 571 does not have pen support.  It was added in the 572.

The settings you found are standard with Windows.  You will find the same in a Windows desktop.

• PenguinJim
    PenguinJim Member Posts: 72 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

You can use the same pens and stylii with your Acer R7-571 as you can with most Android devices or iPhones/iPads: standard capacitive pens. I use one with my R7-571. Generally speaking, the way to identify them will be the price: they should all be under $20! (In fact, mine cost $2!)

The R7-572 has an active digitiser as part of the screen, and so one would need an active pen/stylus for it. They generally start from $30.

More information here. But not a lot more! Smiley Wink

• Voxumo
    Voxumo Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thank you for your help on this, I will look into purchasing a capacitive pen

• Colchicine
    Colchicine Member Posts: 37 New User

There is a huge difference between a rubber tipped stylus and an active pen.  You will likely not find a stylus to be more useful than your finger.  It is useless if you need to drag something across the screen.

This discussion has been closed.