Acer Aspire One d270 ram upgrade

rukusone
rukusone Member Posts: 2 New User

I recently bought a Acer Aspire One D270-1806 netbook. It comes with 1GB of Ram.

I am looking to upgrade this to 2GB. I have been unable to find a service manual for this netbook.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Best Answer

• rukusone
    Answer ✓

I have seen a few posts claiming that upgrading the D270 ram has been deemed not user replaceable. Although Acer may have deemed it not user replaceable; it totally is. It was so easy. I switched out the standard 1GB of Ram for a 2GB stick in roughly 10mins.

Here is the video i used: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEcIer28aNc

Answers

• rukusone
    Answer ✓

I have seen a few posts claiming that upgrading the D270 ram has been deemed not user replaceable. Although Acer may have deemed it not user replaceable; it totally is. It was so easy. I switched out the standard 1GB of Ram for a 2GB stick in roughly 10mins.

Here is the video i used: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEcIer28aNc

• sabka_raja
    sabka_raja Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

Thank you for sharing video.

I'm wondering if there is a possibility of upgrading RAM more than 2GB as my D270 netbook already have 2GB RAM.

If so please suggest.

Thanks!

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Rukusone,k the maximum RAM supported by a Aspire One D270-1806 is 2 gigabytes. But before you despair, let me explain one of technology's deep, dark secrets.

Your rig has a dual-core CPU and two gigs of RAM. Except for a few high-end games, that is about as fast as any one program can go. Adding more RAM will improve your multi-tasking, but if you are using one program at a time (You actually have antivirus and other programs running in the background) you might see a small increase at speed at best.

This discussion has been closed.