Acer Aspire E1-531-4818

iamipi
iamipi Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

So I have checked Windows compatibility to see if I could install Windows 8 and it said I could so I installed Windows 8.1 and My computer than said no web cam connected. I than installed the drivers and the Acer Crystal Eye Webcam Video Class Camera and Acer Crystal Eye Webcam and still no webcam. Than I went to install the drivers and it said no webcam detected. I do not have Acer E-Recovery since I did a fresh install including a format of my HDD, not an upgrade. This laptop is fairly new and the webcam worked perfectly fine with windows 7. Also, when I goto device manager there is no webcam showing, only HD Audio device found under the sound, video, and game controllers heading. 

Also in the device manager under other devices I have 2 items "Base System Device" listed with a yellow exclamation mark and when I select to upgrade drivers, no drivers can be found. not sure if this is somehow related or not or how to fix this if its not related but the webcam is my bigger concern.

not happy about the idea of tossing this computer in the trash but if this can't be resolved im afraid I won't have any other option and to buy a new computer but if I go down this avenue it wont be another Acer.

Many kind thanks

Answers