Acer Aspire E 15 Lid sensor broken.(Aspire E5-571G-582T.)

paulik123
paulik123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

By pure stupidity, today I put my laptop on a couch without knowing there are some neodymium magnets on it. Thanks god I removed it fast and nothing else broke just the lid open/close sensor. Now my laptop's screen goes off randomly and I have to close it and lift it back on. Is there any way I can fix it by myself? I don't want it to send it to Acer service as it will take a long time and I need my laptop. Any help?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

1- Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

2- Could you post here a picture of the described area (lid sensor broken)?

France
  • paulik123
    paulik123 Member Posts: 2 New User

S/N NXMLCET005

I can't post a picture because the sensor it's inside. I mean the magnetic lid switch. The sensor that checks if the lid is open or closed.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

It's an italian model: Aspire E5-571G-582T.

In which country do you live?

France
  • sbender
    sbender Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same issue.  Just I took mine apart and I am unable to locate the sensor.  A little help please.  Now I can't even get it to turn back on
  • N3ologic
    N3ologic Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2019
    i'm having the same issue on my laptop. not sure how it happened as I just purchased this laptop. i could verify it was the lid switch since it was going to sleep in the UEFI. i could use a magnetic screwdriver waving by it to replicate the same thing as gently using the laptop.. just need to know where the lid switch is so I can put this thing back together. 
    I have an Aspire E15 
    first 10 of serial is NXGRYAA001

Thanks
  • N3ologic
    N3ologic Member Posts: 2 New User
    N3ologic said:
    i'm having the same issue on my laptop. not sure how it happened as I just purchased this laptop. i could verify it was the lid switch since it was going to sleep in the UEFI. i could use a magnetic screwdriver waving by it to replicate the same thing as gently using the laptop.. just need to know where the lid switch is so I can put this thing back together. 
    I have an Aspire E15 
    first 10 of serial is NXGRYAA001

Thanks
    so I figured out that it was going out because I was working on another laptop just like it that this one was sitting on top of and the lid switch was picking up the magnet off the screen below it.. i found the chip, it is right next to the charge LED at the edge of the motherboard soldered directly to the board so there is no "unplugging it". i hope this helps someone else out who may have made my boneheaded mistake.
  • Gern0ti
    Gern0ti Member Posts: 1 New User
    Chances are you’re just missing a little magnet sitting inside the screen bezel. I‘ve marked its location on the following picture:

It is not glued in position and can fall out especially when you dropped and possibly cracked the LCD. The sensor itself is located on the motherboard just at the lower left corner of the touch pad.
  • rzappala1
    rzappala1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Gern0ti: Thank you for the picture!!  I'm in the process of replacing hinges in my Acer laptop and the magnet fell out. I couldn't figure out where it went. Thanks again.