Acer Aspire AO532h went dark

sbiswas
sbiswas Member Posts: 5 New User

My Acer Aspire suddenly went dark after 3 years of service. When I press the power button, it lights up. I can hear tha fan whirring. The HDD light blinks for a fraction of a second and then nothing happens. No POST screen, Fn+Esc does not work. I have tried using external monitor and external boot CD - none of them worked. I could use Fn+Esc just once with a USB boot drive and flashed the BIOS to latest but that did not help. Sometimes even the power button stops working and the laptop behaves dead, does not charge the battery. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• sbiswas
    Answer ✓

Ok. I took it to Acer customer care. They figured out that the cpu fan, the i/o board and the LCD cable are bad. But they refused to service it saying the parts are not available. Considering the netbook is only 3 years old, it is unfortunate that Acer does not provide its parts anymore. Nevertheless, I bought all the necessary parts from ebay and repaired it myself. Reason enough for me to not buy another Acer again.

Answers

• sbiswas
    Answer ✓

Ok. I took it to Acer customer care. They figured out that the cpu fan, the i/o board and the LCD cable are bad. But they refused to service it saying the parts are not available. Considering the netbook is only 3 years old, it is unfortunate that Acer does not provide its parts anymore. Nevertheless, I bought all the necessary parts from ebay and repaired it myself. Reason enough for me to not buy another Acer again.

This discussion has been closed.