Acer Aspire 7450 erecovery problem

ronbaker
ronbaker Member Posts: 2 New User

I was running the erecovery and during the process the battery died and when I plugged the laptop back in it states that the boot master is not available.  Can someone please help me!  I do not have any recovery disk either. As of now my computer is useless

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Ron!

Contact Acer to see if they can supply a recovery CD:

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

The details are for UK residence, but if you're not from the UK, go to acer.com and select your region.

The only other option is to see if you can obtain from a friend/family member the same version of Windows that is on your laptop, and use your product key as listed on the sticker (usually) on the base of it.

• ronbaker
    ronbaker Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks you I did try to load a different version of Windows but it gives an error and states to run the CHKDSK feature but I am unable to get that screen. Thanks.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

That may have been the problem. For it to work, it needs to be the EXACT version of Windows that Acer pre-installed on your laptop, ie Windows 7 Home Premium. If it's a different version (be it Windows 7 Ultimate or even Vista Home Basic) it will not work.

Unless you have a new product key for the different version.

This discussion has been closed.