Acer Aspire 6530 model ZK3 HELP ME PLEASE! eRecovery and black screen

Ima1Virus
Ima1Virus Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi Everyone,

I am completely out of my league and I am in hopes that one of you can help me. The Acer Aspire 6530 had the black screen/nothing working so I figured that I would format (F10 option) to find that eRecovery is coming up with a grey screen with 3 options:

----> Restore System to factory default

----> Restore System from users backup

----> Exit

The only option highlighted is exit and I can not click onto any other option. My question is can I download the erecovery on disk and put it into the computer or how can I make it work?  Any thing else someone can think of, please.

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, we do not offer a version of eRecovery for download. You could try reloading the operating system with recovery disks, if you feel there may be a problem with eRecovery. Recovery disks are available at http://store.acer.com, click eRecovery.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer

If your recovery options are greyed out, your hard drive may be bad. I would recommend you contact Acer support for your region to inquire about setting your unit up for service, or to test the hard drive and have it replaced if it is defective.

• Ima1Virus

Acer-Blayn,

Thank you for your reply. Is it possible that it is just the eRecovery that is corrupt/messed up that I could reload it from the acer download site on thumb drive and run it in the acer that is having the problem? I just do not know how much it will cost to have it fixed and is it worth it compared to buying a new one? (that last part is just my thought process, not expecting an answer on price) Thank you very much for replying.

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, we do not offer a version of eRecovery for download. You could try reloading the operating system with recovery disks, if you feel there may be a problem with eRecovery. Recovery disks are available at http://store.acer.com, click eRecovery.

• Ima1Virus

Acer-Blayn,

Thank You and I ordered the recovery CD to undo what ever it was that I did and at least I now will have it incase another problem arises. Thanks for your response and suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.