Acer Aspire 5742G Graphics.

TotalNorse
TotalNorse Member Posts: 2 New User

A little over a year ago, I bought an Acer Aspire 5742G. It's been working fine for a long time but for a while now, I've noticed that the graphics card isn't keeping up as well as I would have thought. Like in World of Warcraft. When I first started playing that game on this Laptop, I could have pretty high settings on it. Now, it's default to stay on Low for some reason.

I also recently installed 8BG of RAM in it but notice little difference in anything at all. It's been getting worse and worse of late, having trouble running even simple games like Torchlight II when there's a lot happening. I have good cooling on it now with a Cooler Master cooling pad with a 200MM fan blowing cold air right onto the most known heating parts, namely the CPU.

I don't suppose this little issue can be fixed by simply formating the PC and re-installing Windows ? Also, I have the right drivers for the Graphics card and set the Nvidia card as the default one and tweaked the performance to its utmost, yet it refuses to work as I want it to. Anti-Aliasing is all turned off because I was told that it gives greater performance then. Am I in the wrong ?

Is it possible to set the Nvidia card as the default graphics card and keep the Intel Card deactivated ?

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

If you have the correct drivers installed and are not getting the performance you used to from the system, I would recommend reloading the operating system, as there may be software running on the system that is effecting system performance. To switch to the NVIDIA card for these applications, you may try the instructions at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11575.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

If you have the correct drivers installed and are not getting the performance you used to from the system, I would recommend reloading the operating system, as there may be software running on the system that is effecting system performance. To switch to the NVIDIA card for these applications, you may try the instructions at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11575.

• TotalNorse
    TotalNorse Member Posts: 2 New User

Alright, thank you.

This discussion has been closed.