Acer Aspire 5741g won't start

TS1997
TS1997 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello!

I have an Acer Aspire 5741g that I bought back in 2010 that won't start. When I press the power button nothing happen. This is the case if I run charger + battery, charger only or battery only. So in other words it doesn't matter if I try charger or battery. Also, if I plug-in the charger nothing happens either. Usually there's a LED that lights up when the battery is charging but that LED does not light up.

I don't know if this has something to do with it, but a couple of weeks before the laptop decided not to start anymore it made a lot of strange things. For example every LED in the laptop started blinking and when this happen the laptop wouldn't charge anymore until it didn't blink anymore. Also, it shut itself down randomly. This happend at random times for a couple of weeks and then it wouldn't start anymore.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? All help are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

TS1997

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi..

You may check by removing the battery and reseating the memory modules and hard disk.

• TS1997
    TS1997 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello!

Thanks for the answer. I've noticed that it start when the charger is positioned at special places so I think it's the dc jack that's the problem. Also, when it start I don't get anything on the screen and I do have ram inserted, and I've checked so the screen cable is seated correctly. Do you know what I should do to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

TS1997

This discussion has been closed.