Acer 5552g not booting blank screen

ozgsuzen
ozgsuzen Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
I normally powered off my laptop , and then when i try power on again , just a blank screen.
Power light is on , no wireless light nor hdd light.

I seperated all parts and renewed thermal pastes, tried to short cmos battery , tried without hdd , rams nothing on site worked..

At first i wasnt able to flash bios from usb but when i tried flashing it while hdmi cable is in it worked , usb shown activity for 2min
Then it powered off and on itself , but still no screen.

What would i try else , cmos battery is not replaceable on this model , should i go see repairer to replace this battery?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Does it seem to be booting up, but no screen?

Did you shut down with HDMI connected to TV and then remove HDMI before booting up?

• ozgsuzen
    No , not booting at all cant even access to the bios. Problem isnt about the screen there is no light on screen , no screen with external monitor too. Only power light is on , dvd drive spins a little bit , cpu fan spins2 sec , then nothing when i power up.

(If you mean did i do that when it was working , it s highly possible i did that but i dont really remember its been 3month)
  • philetus

My experience with computers that act as you describe is it has something wrong with the motherboard.

• ozgsuzen
    Yes probably.do you think if i work it out by replacing cmos battery? If i go see service they probably will ask for 150$+ for motherboard that i cannot afford im afraidSmiley Sad
  • philetus

You can try it, but I don't think the CMOS battery is the problem.Have you tried removing the power and battery and holding the power button down for 20 seconds, plug in power and try booting? 

• ozgsuzen
    Yes of course , i think i tried everything i found about problem in internet , all failed.

Any possibility i put the wrong files to my usb when flashing ? Would it be completed anyway if i did put them wrong?
    (Flashing process completed 2times but didnt work)
  • philetus

No, if you had a incompatable bios it wouldn't flash.

• ozgsuzen
    Laptop service then Smiley Sad anyway , thank you very much for help , wish you luck in your life!