AOD250 / KAV60 Black Screen, but flashing it does not work

chaemi
chaemi Member Posts: 2 New User

I have this model Aspire One AOD250/KAV60 laptop for almost 4 years, it did not have any major problems until now. Its original OS was Windows XP but was immediately changed to Windows 7 Ultimate in my first year of use.

It started when the monitor very briefly showed a blue screen and then just suddenly blacked out. I pressed the power button, it lighted yellow and I heard the fans starting up, but the screen shows nothing. I have searched the internet and most sites says it is the "Black Screen of Death", so naturally I have searched and tried numerous tutorials, especially the "BIOS flash" technique but it did not work. I pressed and held the FN+Esc keys, but for the power button, it stays turned off when I hold/press it. It only lights up when I let go, contrary to the supposed to be blinking of the power button. It seems that it only works for other models, not AOD250.

I do not want to take it to a technician immediately because it might or probably will be expensive and what if I can fix it at home. I was also thinking that it really is just old and needs to be replaced, however if my laptop can still be recovered, why not? It died on me on a very inconvenient time and I really need it actually. I hope you can help me/suggest solutions for this problem. Thank you very much!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

If the computer is not able to power on you may find it helpful to perform a power reset. This discharges any electrical build up which may prevent your notebook from powering on correctly.

To perform a power reset:

1. Unplug the AC adapter from your notebook.
    2. Turn the notebook over to remove the battery. Turn the notebook back over and open it.
    3. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button.
    4. Turn the notebook back over and slide the battery back into place.
    5. Slide the lock tab back into the lock position.
    6. Turn over the notebook one last time and plug in your AC adapter.
    7. Turn on your notebook.
  • chaemi
    chaemi Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried your suggestion, but power reset didn't work either. Smiley Sad But thank you for responding.

This discussion has been closed.