AO531h hard drive replacement

Ghostcat
Ghostcat Member Posts: 4 New User

Working on my cousin's AO531h netbook, the harddrive has failed on it, and wont get past the Windows start up (even tried the system restore, with the same result.)  Is there a manual or video around (In English) that tells how to open the case and replace the hard Drive?

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Ghostcat, you are probably right, but have you tried to get in through Safe Mod?. If you can, then your problem is probably software, not hardware, and you can try running a deep virus scan.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
  • Ghostcat

It wont even get past the windows boot up for safe mode.  Like I said, even tried the system recovery, to restore to factory default settings.  It tried to do that too.  But only up to a certain point, and then it crashes.

• Ghostcat

Nope.  I wish it were as simple as 3 screws and a panel.  The video I've found on this that even comes close to the same model is one done by some guy from Argentina.  it's in spanish.  The best I can say in spanish is Taco, Burrito & Tequila.

I know I need to remove the keyboard, which was a little tricky, but was able to do. but past that I'm lost. 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Is this more like it ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWWCMoOUCTg

If not and  you have a local Acer authorized service center they will have the Aspire one series service guide and will be able to replace the hard drive for you.

• Ghostcat

Again. Thanks.  But thats not it either.  I'll keep looking.  Thats the same video that my parts supplier linked to me when I bought the HDD.  I wont lie, this is annoying, I've been building desk top units for years, but working on laptops seems like rocket science.

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Ghostcat, I'm sorry that you're having these problems. It appears that your hard drive has failed. Your best course is to take it to a computer repair shop and see what they can do.

This discussion has been closed.