5750-9668 keyboard not working

andrewbenz
andrewbenz Member Posts: 4 New User

I restarted my acer for updates and now my mouse and keyboard are both nonfunctional. I'm using a usb plug in mouse and the onscreen keyboard for now. How can I fix my keyboard? Help please!

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Welcome aboard, Andrew. There are several different causes of your problem, so I'll give you several different solutions.

1) Look at your F keys, and find the one with a picture of a hand (usually F6 or F7). Press the Fn ky and the key with the hand at the same time.

2) If that doesn't work, try the Universal Laptop Cure, which works 10% of the time. Turn off your rig, unplug it, and remove the battery. Hold the Power Button down for one minute. Put it back together and see if that works. This procedure restets your BIOS and your battery's software program.

3) Run your laptop without the battery. If that solves your problem, your battery isn't dead, but it's corrupted and needs to be replaced.

• andrewbenz

Thanks for trying but still no luck Smiley Sad

• darwayne11
    darwayne11 Member Posts: 3 New User

did you check the driver if it is installed?

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Andrew, see if you can borrow an external keyboard and plug it in. IF it works, it could be a mechanical failure of your laptop keyboard, and you'll need to get it replaced. If it doesn't work, it's a software problem. You can try using System Retore, and you can try a deep scan with your ant-'virus program.

• andrewbenz

darwayne11, how do I check the driver ?

• andrewbenz

Vince53, I got a plug in keyboard and it works just fine so I guess it's just a mechanical error of the keyboard. Thanks for all your help Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.