Nitro AN515-51

the_mechie
the_mechie Member Posts: 9 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just bought the Acer nitro 5
I felt there is an issue with its display
There are White spots near the edges of the IPS display which appear when you use the laptop in a room with all the lights off.
Is it normal or it's a defect ?
Does anybody else has the same issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• daraf
    daraf Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter

I think its back light bleed. does it look like this ?

IMG_20170813_225032_HHT.jpg

• the_mechie
    Yes I have the same kind of snapshot of my laptop
  • daraf
    I don't think it's an issue dude . That's my Acer nitro 5 and it's not that noticeable . Could you post a pic of your laptop?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

This is very common for IPS displays. It is very rare to find an IPS display without light bleed. My display is an IPS and I have it too.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• pankajsammal
    pankajsammal Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

This is my screen, I am getting it replaced as there is too much light bleed at the top left part.

IMG-20170807-WA0006.jpg

• daraf

pankajsammal wrote:

This is my screen, I am getting it replaced as there is too much light bleed at the top left part.

IMG-20170807-WA0006.jpg

Thats quite unacceptable. Did you get the laptop replaced by flipkart?

• pankajsammal

They aggred for a replacement, I will most probably be getting a replacement unit today.

• daraf

pankajsammal wrote:

They aggred for a replacement, I will most probably be getting a replacement unit today.

Hi dude ,

Did you get the replacement? is it having the same issue?

• pankajsammal

Yes I got it replaced, the new unit has a little light bleed but that is acceptable for an IPS display.

• daraf

pankajsammal wrote:

Yes I got it replaced, the new unit has a little light bleed but that is acceptable for an IPS display.

Thanks for the prompt reply dude.

Could you please post a pic i just want to know how little the light bleed is compared to the previous one.

• pankajsammal

I can post some image tonight after I reach home.

• pankajsammal
    Answer ✓

IMG_20170823_224517.jpg

IMG_20170823_211059-01-2304x1357.jpeg

This is my replacement laptops screen, no light bleeding, bright spots you see are ips glow which is normal and is very hardly visible by naked eye. 

• daraf

pankajsammal wrote:

IMG_20170823_224517.jpg

IMG_20170823_211059-01-2304x1357.jpeg

This is my replacement laptops screen, no light bleeding, bright spots you see are ips glow which is normal and is very hardly visible by naked eye. 

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for the prompt reply , now i have an idea about how much backlight bleed is acceptable. I somehow feel like the back light bleed problem for me worsened over time. have a look at the pics below . I shot the first on 13th and the other one on 23rd. anyhow i have contacted acer support day before yesterday, the technician said he will pay a  visit on saturday >_<.

13th august13th august23rd august23rd august

• the_mechie
    Hi daraf,
    Are you going to install any SSD into your nitro 5 could you share what is the type of SSD and where I can buy it.
    And I would like to share with you this info that Acer is giving warranty extension and other offers on Acer nitro 5 now which was not available earlier if you want you can go to www.shopacer.co.in
  • daraf

I bought this, iam yet to install this though

the_mechie wrote:
    Hi daraf,
    Are you going to install any SSD into your nitro 5 could you share what is the type of SSD and where I can buy it.
    And I would like to share with you this info that Acer is giving warranty extension and other offers on Acer nitro 5 now which was not available earlier if you want you can go to www.shopacer.co.in

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/ssd-850-evo-m-2-500gb-mz-n5e500bw/

• daraf

the_mechie wrote:
    Hi daraf,

Could you tell me how to avail the warranty extension?

• the_mechie
    Hi daraf,
    I suppose you are from India.I don't understand why you are investing so much on SSD you could have gone for the i7 one Acer nitro for the same price which has 128 GB SSD and an additional 8 GB ram.
  • the_mechie
    You can avail warranty after the registration.First go on https://www.shopacer.co.in/ fill details and proceed keep a pic of SNID sticker pasted on laptop box and invoice copy.Acer laptops come with 1year ITW(International Travellers Warranty).If you want Acer is offering extended warranty for 1769/= INR for 1year ADP and 2year additional standard warranty.
  • pankajsammal

i7 model comes with gtx1050 , i5 one comes with a gtx 1050ti which is better for gaming.

• daraf

the_mechie wrote:
    Hi daraf,
    I suppose you are from India.I don't understand why you are investing so much on SSD you could have gone for the i7 one Acer nitro for the same price which has 128 GB SSD and an additional 8 GB ram.

The 1050ti is 20 to 30% faster than 1050 thats why i went for the i5 model. Besides , i only paid 7000 for the 250gb ssd, the perofrmance gain alone is well worth the asking price. and thanks i will be travelling to canada next year so this extended warranty is useless for me.