I have a Acer Aspire v17 that is completely dead.

henrik_scheel
henrik_scheel Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have an Aspire Nitro v17 laptop that apprears to suddenly have gone complely dead. Also the blue and red light on the right side on the laptop near the power cord are dead. The AC Adapter seems to work fine as I tried it on other things. Before I plug the AC Adapter in the laptop the green light on the AC Adapter is on. But when I plug the AC Adapter in the laptop the AC Adapter light turns off.

I have tried to hardreset the laptop. Also tried to unplug the internal battery. Both with no luck. The laptop is totally dead.

Is there any trouble shooting I can do?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you did already the righ troubleshoot, you can only call Acer support service if you are still under warranty.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • henrik_scheel
    henrik_scheel Member Posts: 2 New User

The laptop is just (from last month) out of support. So no warranty.

2 years for a laptop. What a waste!!

Does anyone have any idea?

• ZIB
    ZIB Member Posts: 3 New User

The laptop is just (from last month) out of support. So no warranty.

2 years for a laptop. What a waste!!

Does anyone have any idea?

That laptop sucks. First time my laptop died after one year of service. Was turning off as soon you were starting to use it more heavy. Went to acer warranty they changed a motherboard and it was working again normaly. And today it just died completly. No signs of life. Completly dead. Going back so service after xmas. Acer laptops are *****. You have to repair them once every year. :D Well. I have 3 year warranty on this one, so they fix this laptop now. And im expecting it to be dead around this time next xmas if we follow this patern :D