Hard drive slow on brand new Acer Aspire 3 [A315-21-95KF] (Brand New)

Ill91_Gamer
Ill91_Gamer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I bought an Acer laptop a couple of days ago with Windows 10. It worked fine until I turned it off from the screen saver screen via the power button. Once it turned back on, the loading looked like it froze after waiting for 5 minutes. So, I turned it off with the power button again. I kept doing this since the loading kept freezing until I got to a screen that said something like checking/cleaning hard drive C on boot. It took 30 seconds and then, it finally booted to Windows. But, of course, it froze again just by opening Google Chrome. So the process repeated until I got to the checking/cleaning loading boot screen once more. This time it took around 30 minutes. Then, it showed up another screen telling me to restart, which I did. It booted fine to Windows but still kept freezing. I looked into task manager and the hard drive was being used 100% and the fan was obnoxiously loud, while doing nothing. After a defrag, it seemed to work faster but I did experience lag. The hard drive was being used around 35-55%. After shutting it down in Windows this time, it booted up normal. I did some gameplay (on ROBLOX, basically a very big multiplayer platform with live games.) but encountered minimal lag. Then, after checking task manager once more, the hard drive was being used 100% again and the fan gets loud while it was just idle. Is there any way to fix this?

By the way, please notify me if you need any specs.

Answers

• franlang
    franlang Member Posts: 1 New User
    I know this is a year old comment. however, I'm having the same problem. so I ask you if you were able to fix it and in that case how?