Aspire VX 15 Dolby Audio problem

TonyLing
TonyLing Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I have a problem with the Dolby audio on my Aspire VX 15, when ever it start Overwatch the dobly audio turns off by itself.

I also try turning off the exlusive mode in the speaker properties but nothing works

Answers

• Artess
    Artess Member Posts: 14 New User

Same here. It appears that the problem is with anything that listens to your microphone. If Dolby detects you using your mic, it turns itself off. I don't know how to fix it, and it's driving me crazy.

What I ended up doing is disable Dolby once and for all and turn up the volume. I probably lose some audo quality, but at least the volume isn't constantly jumping up and down.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

This is not completely true. Dolby audio will turn itself off everytime the device connects to VoIP. In other words, it will turn off everytime you pick up a call from skype, starting GTA V, joining a TS3 group and everything that involves voice communication(it could be a game or a software).

The reason for this is because Dolby Audio is not suitable for these type of things, and it is Acer's fault for having Dolby Audio in our systems. And there is no way to make it work right.

There is only one fix and it is to uninstall dolby audio. And if you don't want to lose sound quality and you want your speakers to stay almost as would, I suggest you to download Equalizer APO. It is a great software, that enhances the sound quality and it is great substitute for Dolby Audio. I have tried it myself and I am very impressed by it.

Download link

Credits to Robitzik he posted a thread about the Equalizer APO.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Artess

Ah, I understand. Still, this is ridiculously stupid and broken.

I tried uninstalling the Realtek drivers but unfortunately then the computer refuses to recognise the mic on my headset. With the Realtek HD driver (that includes Dolby as part of it) you can at least force it through the Realtek HD panel or whatever it's called.

• ven98
    You don't need to uninstall the realtek driver. Just unistall dolby audio.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Artess

Oh, can I do that? Where do I find it?

• ven98

On my laptop I can uninstall it from Control Panel>Unistall or Change Program. And I can also find it installed in C drive, programfiles. The folder's name is Dolby.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Artess

I don't have it in either of those places. Maybe that's because I have a slightly different laptop model, mine is vn7-571g. It doesn't seem to exist as a separate program, the only indication of this Dolby thingy is a single on/off button in the sound settings. I'm almost certain it came bundled with the Realtek driver.

• ven98

You can still try installing equlizer APO and leaving Dolby Audio off all the time. I think this will also work.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Artess

I suppose I can try it, thanks.

• lorzamani
    lorzamani Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have a problem with the Dolby audio on my Aspire VX 15, when ever it start Overwatch the dobly audio turns off by itself. I also try turning off the exlusive mode in the speaker properties but nothing works
  • kazsier
    kazsier Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I also have this problem. İt's not just about dolby. Yes dolby close itself.Because of realtek drivers.And EqualizerAPO didn't help. Old realtek driver didn't work either which is without dolby. Now ı m using microsoft hd audio driver. Works fine. But speakers and microphone quality decrease with microsoft driver. Acer should work on this problem. I have this problem nearly for 2 months. I believe they going to fix it.
  • vonthk
    vonthk Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

same here too. where is acer?