Aspire V15 Nitro 592g- Black Edition best charging cycles for extending battery life

TaiCullum
TaiCullum Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi all,

I have a question about the battery recommendations I found here: here.  The page has the following advice:

Optimizing battery life

• Use AC power whenever possible, reserving battery for mobile use

Conditions that can adversely affect the battery

• Using the computer on constant AC power

These two obviously conflict and cannot both be true, so which one is correct?  I have read that keeping the battery constantly charged at 100% can shorten it's life, however unplugging the AC power and putting the battery through more charge cycles will do this aswell.  The optimum slution would be to have an option to set the maximum level at the battery charges to at a level less than 100%.  Are there any BIOS or Windows settings, or a 3rd-party application that can make this possible?  Thank you for any help, it's strange how hard it seems to be to find reliable information on this topic.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I would not worry about it much. It is best to keep the battery between 15% and 80%(at least this is what I have heard) and never drain the battery completely, which I am sure affects its overall life. The battery probably has some kind of restriction so even if you keep it fully charged all the time, it won't affect the durability.

It is best for the battery just to never leave it completely drained.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Addition to my answer:

If it was bad for the battery to be constantly charging, then what about Acer Predators where they have to be connected to the charger for best performance. If Acer recommends to leave the laptop connected to the charger where you can, then I suggest you to follow it.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!