Aspire A717-71G

alfonsofrisk
alfonsofrisk Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi

Have new machine above, trying to create a back/restore drive following the prompts in recovery management module.

However, after inserting a 32gb drive the "next" box just remains as greyed out and wont proceed further.

How do I create a recovery disc or drive ?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Acer care centre, normally just trigger the built-in recovery windows management.

double check if the USB flash drive is NTFS formatted.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Can you send a screenshot?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• hongji
    hongji Member Posts: 7 New User

Try to insert a larger drive or just retry from the very start (maybe restart the machine).

There is a guide to create an acer recovery USB, maybe it helps https://www.backup-utility.com/okr/acer-erecovery-management-usb-1234.html

• alfonsofrisk

As I stated in opening post, I am using a 32gb usb so more space than the acer module is asking for (16gb)

I get as far as step 2 in the above link posted

Bit of a joke having to look for a 3rd party programme in order to make a recovery disc on a BRAND NEW machine.

Acer looking bad here.

• ven98
    You don't have to use Acer Care Centre to create a recovery drive. In cortana just type 'create a recovery drive', then follow the steps and done.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• alfonsofrisk

Yes your right. My point is if the Acer software is bundled into a new machine then it should work without issue.

If its not any use its bloatware and gives a bad impression of the merchant.

• ven98
    Acer Care Centre has nothing to do with the machine. It is a free application. It just comes pre-installed on the laptop. I never use it for anything as it is not useful for me, except checking the battery and hard drive health.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Acer care centre, normally just trigger the built-in recovery windows management.

double check if the USB flash drive is NTFS formatted.

I'm not an Acer employee.