Adjusting touchpad sensitivity

2»

Answers

• arwooldridge
    arwooldridge Member Posts: 1 New User

I had the same problem on my acer aspire v5 571.

I cured it by disabling the tap function in mouse elan settings.

That way you need to do a positive click to get any action which is much less sensitive than the tap which seems to respond to a finger brushing or just resting over the surface.

Hope this helps.

• bazzerfewi
    bazzerfewi Member Posts: 5 New User

I am no expert, far from it but I have had the same problem with the touch pad and it happens on other makes such a Samsung.

I have come to the conclusion that it must be the way I position my hands on the keyboard, I touch type my movements are reasonabley quick.

What I suggest is:-

Go to Control Panel 

Select Mouse Settings

Set slider to minimum

I have found that if I also change my hand positions to avoid the touch pad this rectifies the problem

• bazzerfewi
    bazzerfewi Member Posts: 5 New User

There is a programme called Touch Freeze it is a free programme the disables the touch pad when typing. The uses is able to use the touch pad as normal, it is a very good programme and works well.

• Sandy_S
    Sandy_S Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Aspire M5 and this helps a great deal.  Go to Setttings, Change PC Settings, Mouse & Touchpad.  Change Touchpad to "Long Delay."  Please post if this works for you -- or not.

• NeuronHead
    NeuronHead Member Posts: 1 New User
    mrpester said:

There is a free program called TouchFreeze which does the trick nicely. It disables the touchpad while you are typing.

Sorry, I don't have the link, but your can find it with a Google.

I am running Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire which is several years old, and the touchpad has been driving me crazy for years. I may forget how to curse now. I love this little notebook, and even more now.

Yep, Touchfreeze did the trick for me.  I just downloaded it, installed it, it runs in the background, and does the trick.I've just started using it and haven't played with any settings.

I was frustrated because I bought this new laptop not long ago but it had no way (other than the Windows native) to adjust mouse sensitivity, which I'm sure is what the cavemen had to deal with.
  • annuuc
    annuuc Member Posts: 1 New User
    I hope this thread still is read by you folks. I have a strange problem, moving my finger left - right direction makes the cursor on the screen goes up and down. Moving my finger on the touchpad up and down the cursor goes left-right. The thouchpad seems to have rotated 45 degrees to the right.
    Lap top Aspire 5750 windows 7
  • rrayc
    rrayc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Go to the Acer website Support section and download the driver for the touchpad. Install that driver and adjust the Palm sensitivity.
  • taylorppa
    taylorppa Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes, there is battery refresh button push that once close your cover tightly.