need new firmware add shutdown delay for Display Port XG270HU

cx5
cx5 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

To Acer Firmware team,

We need new firmware where you add shutdown delay for Display Port XG270HU, because it is too sensitive now where it will shut off black screen, and search for other input DVI, HDMI, DP again while some graphics are rendering new things it could not detect and could not catch in time, then it turn black screen again, sometimes to the point of shutdown. 

Hence recommend Acer reduce power saving option not aggresive, allow more delay time before switch out off Display Port, allow longer stay on Display Port time before search for other signals.

Auto Search OFF did not help, Fixed input to DP only did not help. Must be above issue.

Answers

• cx5
    cx5 Member Posts: 9 New User

To Acer Firmware team,

I didn't write above with information, I provide more details now.

The problem is DIsplay Port + freesync @ all refresh. It shutdown and black screen only when playing games. 

Update September 2017, HDMI2.0 + freesync @ 144Hz refresh works fine, does not get black screen problem. The monitor does not suffer no video signal and switch input or shut off by it self.

Why on Display Port + freesync @ all refresh will get black screen problem? Where the monitor is unable to catch up with GPU's output and shut off by it self. 

How to solve Display Port + freesync ???

The short cut answer solution might be to update the firmware to change the Display Port not shut off immediately when no signal??? 

May be I'm over simplifying the problem, because the real problem is DIsplay Port unable to follow the GPU's output frame. Hope Acer Team can solve it via software update and let us know.

Ryzen 1700x

ASrock Taichi x370

32GB Corsair 3000Mhz

HIS R9_290x ice2 April 2017 then (Display Port + freesync blackout) <HDMI not tested>

HIS RX Vega 64 water cool. September 2017 (Display Port + freesync blackout) <HDMI2.0 + freesync OK>