XR382CQK - how to power the USB ports when using DP

dk2463
dk2463 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives

Hi,

Current set up is DP from monitor to PC. This way I get the full 75Hz refresh.However, the USB ports will only power at USB 2.0 speed though and no charging.

I had previously used a Thunderbolt 3 cable to my PC but that only gave me 30Hz which I don't want as well as duplicated the monitor/USB/audio in device manager and caused problems.

I'm perfectly happy using the DP connection but I also need the USB ports to run at full speed and provide charging so my question is...WHAT type of USB cable should I get? From what I can tell, it should be a USB 3.0 Type-C (from the monitor) to a USB 3.0  Type-A? I just want the USB running at 3.0 speeds with charging capabilities.

Also, there appear to be no known driver for the USB hub....has anyone installed the proper driver?

thanks!

Answers

• dk2463
    Awesome

Thanks all
  • rvdz
    rvdz Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm not seeing anyone respond to you, but I'm curious if you found a solution or not.

I just picked up this monitor, my PC doesn't have a USB-C port, and I keep hearing how the USB ports in the back of the monitor can be used through the displayport interface (rather than having to power those 4 ports through the one USB-C port). So far that's not been the case for me.

Did you find a driver or do anything else to get those USB ports to work?
  • dk2463
    Hi rvdz,

I never did actually. I've been really less than impressed with the support from Acer overall.