XR382CQK has no screen splitting software?

BandOkie
BandOkie Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives

I just received my XR382CQK 38 inch 21:9 monitor with 3840 by 1600 resolution to find that it has no screen splitting software - unlike the LG and the Dell.  Seriously, so I can't use this for work; or is it that you just want it to be inconvenient for me to use it for work?  I have been using 34 inch 21:9 monitors since they came out and the aspect ratio (3440 x 1440) is perfect for 2 and a half pages side by side.  3840 x 1600 will let me put 3 full sized pages side by side, but I am not going to manually resize and move pages to get them there.  The other like monitors have screen management software as part of the package.  Get with the program and include (and release) a good screen splitting software so your excellent monitor can be used in all types of business applications.

Answers

• BandOkie

I also used support chat and they could not even recommend a third party screen management software.

• FuncleFe
    FuncleFe Member Posts: 1 New User

Wow, that totally raises a red flag with me!

No Screen Splitting? That's pretty ridiculous for a monitor this size. 

Is this still the case? Or has anyone managed to find a solution?

If that's the case, seems like LG 38UC99 will be a better solution for me.

• BandOkie
    Still the case. I also posted on Amazon asking if aced had a software or was planning on it. The entire answer from the manufacturer was "No". Kind of flabbergasted me. I am testing the other 2 38's now. They are both fine and have the software. I really like the stand on the acre though. It has been my favorite so far but there is no way we can purchase without an integrated screen splitting software.
  • Synomenon
    Synomenon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Try Displayfusion Pro..