XG270HU -

amaze904
amaze904 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Ok- I just received this monitor today and just wow......

very disappointed- aside from the wobbly stand.....

It came with NO drivers.....ok so I went online to find them maybe in the support page of Acer;

the only ones they have are- Win 7 (64 and 32) and Win 8 (32 and 64)

Why wasnt a drivver released for the newest OS thats been out for over a year now??????

cant force install the driver and am stuck with a generic driver from 2006

Thats not all.....

Using the DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor- cant run @ 144Hz.....

So i call CS, after being interogated about my pc hardware ( not really sure how that would affect the monitor) the CS tech simplyy had no idea what a displayport cable was, kept asking if i was using "cable with a blue box" or and hdmi.

500 USD monitor and this is the ***** im dealing with.....

anyone can point me to the right direction as to why or how to install proper drivers and change the hZ to 144 as to what it was advvertised to run.....

P.S. Im not running Overdrive either

[inappropriate content removed]

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

The monitor itself will support 144Hz if the video card support it. If you are using the included display port cable, make sure the video card in your computer will push 144Hz and supports FreeSync. If you confirm it does, please contact our support team for assistance. The number is posted at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact.

• Anoneom
    Anoneom Member Posts: 2 New User

The PnP drivers dont properly work with 144 hz, i needed to install the windows 8 ones in no driver signing mode to get the screen to stop turning black every time i open a menu in a game, but with the windows 8 driver png images dont show properlyin the browser or anywhere else in the operating system.

• Nokturnal
    Nokturnal Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

mine will run 144hz just fine. jusy plug and play.