XF240H Monitor issue with DP

I3lue
I3lue Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I have a very annoying problem when trying to use this monitor with a DP cable. When plugged in with DP, the screen becomes very volatile and flickers with glitching like artifacts and goes black for a few seconds all while making popping noises. I have tried different DP cables as well as another monitor with both cables and they worked perfectly. I have tried updating and changing refresh rates with no change. I have noticed though the screen will not freak out if the mouse does not move. So perhaps an updating issue? I have tried disableing certain features such as freesync. Also note when in bios, the screen does not go crazy and i can move the mouse around with ease. I have seen other posts as different sites with the same or similar problem with no replies.

System specs:
Windows 10 Home x64
GPU AMD R9 390X
CPU Intel i7-6700k

The monitor works perfectly fine with an HDMI cable. Its only with a DP cable does it become chaos. Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I would like to use the 144Hz that I bought this monitor for.

Thanks for you help

Answers

• I3lue

Spoke with Tech Support,

They requested I send the monitor in to be looked at. Uncertain what the issue may be, but at least it’s going to be taken care of.

• I3lue

Monitor came back with no reported issues...

Plugged it back in, same issue still there. Spoke with another rep and suggested i try a displayport cable 1.4. untill then cannot trouble shoot anymore. However i cannot seem to find a DP 1.4 for sale, any suggestions?