XB270H does not have GSync?

ozturert
ozturert Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I purchased an XB270H based on reviews online saying that it had GSync. I even asked the shop I bought it from and they confirmed it. This is not `HA` or `HU`, just `H` model.

Now I came home with the monitor, and could not find the GSync tab in nVidia Control Panel. Driver version was 372.xx (forgot now). Then I installed the new nVidia driver (384.94), still no GSync option.

My graphics card is EVGA GTX980Ti, I am using the DP cable that came with the monitor. Windows 10 is updated.

Anything wrong with my monitor? Or is this the one model without GSync? I don't see any `GSync` logo on the box or on the monitor itself.

This naming of monitors is quite confusing. Same name (XB270H) with different sub letters and numbers?

So what do I do now? I live in Norway.

Thanks,

Ertan

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Certain Acer monitors contain a G-SYNC module for gaming at high refresh rates. See the hardware requirements and setup instructions below to configure your G-SYNC monitor.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35279#_ga=2.142975036.842537174.1502104784-263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • ozturert

Hi. Thanks for the answer. I have done that already. The problem is I cannot see "Set up G-SYNC" tab. That's why I suspect that my monitor does not have G-Sync.

• ozturert

So I decided to send the monitor back. The naming of Acer monitors is really confusing. This monitor I bought does not have G-Sync although the product page says it has. Out of 3 XB270H monitors, the version I got does not have G-Sync.

Next time I'll be extra careful when I buy an Acer product.